If any of you buy candles then you know that at the end of your candle’s life, you’ll be left with a glass jar filled with about 1/2” of wax that can’t be lit anymore. Instead of throwing the jar away, why not repurpose it to make something new! These jars are perfect to use for any kind of storage and you can even customize it with different designs to match your décor. Follow these steps to find out how to get that left over wax out and reuse the jars!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
– Candle (3 wick candle from bath and body works)
– Rubbing Alcohol
- Fill a pot with water.
- Once the water has boiled, place the bottom portion of the candle jar in the water and swirl around to loosen the wax around the edges.
- The wax will slowly start to lift off the bottom and will slip right out! Remove the wax and wicks, and place on a paper towel to cool down before disposal. Be careful because it will be hot!
- Wipe the jar with rubbing alcohol to take off any remaining gunk. Go over it with Windex to really get that glass to sparkle!
- Fill about 2/3 of the jar with a filling of your choice. I usually opt for clear beads because I like more of a minimalist look, but you can go with what ever suits your needs. Then stick in your brushes and you’re good to go!
There you have it; an easy way to repurpose those candle jars you have lying around. I also use these jars to store cotton balls, cotton swabs, etc. They are great for all kinds of storage! You can always add details to the jar itself to make it a little more creative, or keep it as is for a simple clean look! Hope you enjoyed!