I was rummaging through the aisles of Sephora when I came across the Cognac Matte Crème Lip Crayon from Bite Beauty. I didn’t have any similar lip colours and I adore dark lipsticks, so I decided to pick it up. It is a deep brown with reddish undertones. It is definitely a unique lip colour but I think a lot of people can pull it off. It gives off that 90’s vibe and I’m completely obsessed! I wanted to create a brown smouldering eye look to pair with this rich vampy lip. Follow the steps below if you want to learn how to get this delicious chocolatey look!
- Prime your eyelids to give the eye shadow a nice base.
- Apply a matte brown eye shadow in the crease.
- Use a bronze colour and pat all over the lid. Go back into the crease and blend the colours to create a seamless transition.
- Draw a line along the lash line and flick out to create a cat eye effect. Apply black eye liner at the upper waterline as well as the lower waterline.
- Add a little black eye shadow just at the outer corner of the eyelid to create some depth. Smoke out the bottom waterline with the same matte colour used in the crease.
- Apply a soft champagne colour as a highlight under the brow bone. Add your favourite mascara or lashes, and your done!
Use your favourite face products to complete the rest of your makeup. I like to do my eye makeup first so I can touch up the edges using my concealer. Also if there is any fall out from the eye shadow you can simply brush it away. Of course the last step is to apply this chocolatey lip colour. I used Mac’s Chestnut lip liner and then applied the lipstick overtop.
I’ve listed all the products I used below for your reference. Remember, you don’t have to use the exact same products I did. Find similar ones that work for you to recreate this look! Hope you guys enjoyed!
- Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Crease: Makeup Geek Eye Shadow in Chocoa Bear
- Lid: Morphe’s 35W Palette Bronze Eye Shadow (4th row, 3rd from the left)
- Winged Liner: L’oreal Felt Tip Liquid Eye Liner
- Water line: Maybelline Eye Shadow Stick in Blackmail
- Outer Corner: Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette Eye Shadow in Blackout
- Brow Bone: Mac Global Glow Highlighter
- Lashes: House of Lashes in Iconic
- Foundation: Makeup Forever HD Foundation in 173 Amber
- Concealer: Mac Pro Longwear in NC45
- Powder: Mac Pressed Powder in Medium Dark
- Cheek Contour: Mac Blush in Blunt (Matte)
- Bronzer: Mac Blush in Format
- Blush: Mac Blush Plum Foolery
- Highlight: Mac Global Glow